If you’re passionate about preserving and presenting our unique cultural heritage to a global audience, if you’re motivated by helping build a vital cultural community around the world to support New Orleans music, WWOZ is always looking for passionate and talented people to help the station grow and advance its mission.
Most station staff members began as volunteers and learned that they could fulfill their professional ambitions and do something they loved by working at WWOZ. Be sure to check out our Volunteer page to find out about volunteer opportunities.
WWOZ Office Manager
We are looking for an Office Manager to organize and coordinate office administration and procedures, in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
Position Title: Office Manager
The Office Manager will join the Administrative Department and report directly to the Chief Operating Officer. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve as the point person for office manager duties including maintenance, mailing, shopping, supplies, equipment, bills, and errands.
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments.
- Partner with HR to maintain office policies as necessary
- Organize office operations and procedures.
- Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment.
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers, and landlord, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time.
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease.
- Manage office G&A budget, ensure accurate and timely reporting. Assist the Chief Financial Officer during annual financial audits.
- Attend all meetings of the WWOZ Board of Directors and record minutes to ensure compliance with all IRS 501(c)3 requirements for reporting.
- Prepare grant reports for recurring annual grants for WWOZ. May include some grant writing.
- Organize and maintain station’s files, following IRS 501(c)3 requirements.
- Maintain FCC public files and ensure EEO compliance.
- Provide general support to visitors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven office management, administrative or assistant experience.
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in MS Office and Google suites.
WWOZ offers a competitive pay and benefits plan commensurate with experience.
Please email a letter of interest detailing applicable qualifications, your resume, and three professional references to email@example.com, using the subject line "Office Manager." If possible, please send all materials as one document (Word or PDF).
Please submit all application materials by Thursday, September 1, 2016.
No telephone calls or walk-ins, please.
WWOZ is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with physical disabilities and encourages applications from these and other protected group members.